Roar And Explore WiFi – Terms and Conditions of use
About this service
- Roar and Explore WiFi (‘the service’) is a public wifi network which provides free access to the Internet to users of the service (‘you’, ‘your’). The service is operated by Roar and Explore (‘we’, ‘our’). The technical specification is provided by British Telecom.
- As a public wifi network, the service is open to everyone.
- The service is accessible via wifi connections within Roar and Explore
- The service is likely to be compatible with most wifi-enabled devices, including laptops, tablets, smartphones and e-readers, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- If you have problems connecting to the service, speak to a member of staff who can report issues to our technical supplier. Although staff will try to help with queries, where possible, they cannot provide dedicated one-to-one assistance or technical support for your device or connection functionality.
- To provide feedback about these terms and conditions of use or the Roar and Explore WiFi service, email [email protected]
- We reserve the right to terminate and/or refuse access to the service to anyone who violates these terms and conditions of use, with particular reference to the activities listed below.
- Roar and Explore WiFi should only be used for lawful purposes. It should not be used to:
- access or send material which may harass, threaten abuse, offend, incite violence or hatred against any person or class of persons;
- harm or attempt to harm children or young persons in any way;
- engage in activities that are illegal or that could be considered offensive, obscene, abusive or disturbing to other users. We may be obliged to notify the relevant authorities of any such activity;
- transmit data which has a clear potential to offend or disturb others, including the distribution of unsolicited advertising;
- contravene any legislation; or gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to other computers or networks,
- Roar and Explore staff are entitled to determine whether access privileges for an individual should be revoked, and the individual may be asked to leave the premises immediately.
- You must not connect any equipment to data points on premises where the service is available.
- We have a lawful duty to process any information and personal data collected. Any personal data gathered from you will be processed under the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and associated legislation.
- By using the service, you consent to us processing your personal information for the following purposes:
- registration for access to the service; and
- we, via our supplier, will retain user data in compliance with the Data Retention (EC) Directive 2009.
- Roar and Explore WiFi is a public network, open to everyone. Anyone who uses the service to access or transmit information online does so at their own risk.
- It is your responsibility to make sure your device has adequate and up to date security features. Visit getsafeonline.org to read more about online safety, including advice on safe use of public wifi networks.
- We assume no liability for any loss, damage or injury, direct or indirect, suffered as a result of using the service.
- We accept no responsibility for the quality, accuracy or availability of information accessed on the Internet while using the service.
- You are solely responsible for the security of any data you choose to provide to websites or transmit externally via the service.
- You should be aware that providing personal details to websites, or within emails and instant messages, may lead to the receiving of unwanted attention, for example, ‘spam’ emails.
- We accept no liability for any loss or damage to personal equipment (or data stored within it) as a result of using (or attempting to use) the service.
- We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Roar and Explore WiFi service without notice.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Northern Ireland and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Northern Ireland.